Friday, June 20, 2008

Welcome!

Hello, welcome to Random Heresy! I think that if I were to have lived a few hundred years ago, I probably would have been burned at the stake for heresy (thus, the name). I really don't try to be evangelical with my thoughts, but I'm rather forthright with my opinions, which may not be the same from one day to the next. I'm anti-religious. I'm reasonably anti-government. I'm philosophically against the monetary systems of the world. I think that if someone isn't upset by what you say, you probably aren't saying anything. I don't condone combativeness, but I think that honest conversation without the burdens of political correctness is the only hope we have of saying something meaningful through this limited tool we call language. I think that the words "believe" and "faith" and "truth" should be approached cautiously, for all three represent ideas that have already died. I love music. It communicates on a primal, pre-language level, as do the other non-verbal arts. I'm also a movie and book freak. I have a band called "The Book Of Lies". You can check us out at www.myspace.com/thebookoflies . Let's have some fun with this. -rick "The Heretic"

4 comments:

Susan Chipley said...

Hey, Rick! I'm liking your blog-style already. I'll definitely be reading. And posting. And probably mostly agreeing.

The Heretic said...

Hey Dalai Mama! Been a long time. It's funny, but one of the bands we play with around here is called The DaliDrama. Those poor llamas just can't get any respect. Thanks for checking in!

SleekPelt said...

Rick! This is going to be fun....

The Heretic said...

I was checking your blog earlier (that's how I figured out how to open this page), but I spent half the day putting the page together (and watching booty-dances on YouTube). I've been blogging all kinds of bullshit on myspace, but I generally only have a handful of responders. I think most of my readers are Japanese! I'm looking forward to a space where people are actually LOOKING for blogs. It's good to see your faces! Hopefully, I'll be up that way before too long.